Heartburn Relief

The webs best no nonsense, straight to the point source for information on heartburn and heartburn relief from a long time sufferer of heartburn!


End Heartburn Today! Click Here To Get Fast Relief!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Heartburn Medication

There many over the counter medications that can be used to help curb your heartburn. Tums, Rolaids, pepcid and other over the counter medications might help the person who gets heartburn once and awhile, but if you have GERD, these type of medicines just aren't strong enough. I am taking 20 mg of Prilosec, one pill a day and this works great for me. I have been on this medicine for 8 years now. I have to take the prilosec the minute I awake or else my heartburn will be soon to follow with a nice warm welcome. I can drink and eat anything I want as long as I take my pill. There was a time when I was taking 40 mg of Previcad but this was because of my insurance, because since then, they have swithced me back to prilosec. Both pills seemed to work the same, so I assume it depends on what your insurance will pay for. I personally have never had any side effects from either medicine but this could differ by individual. The pills are not are addictive in nature or anything like that. Basically, they work as a time release and they stop the stomach acid from being able to travel up the esophagus, thus preventing heartburn pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home